• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulant Marriage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stratus

What is the name of your state?Ohio
When I met my soon to be ex, He drank and I knew it. He also told me he had to go to jail for 30 days for a DUI that happened a long time ago. He couldn't pay his rent with having to go to jail so I let him move in with me. He put his belongings in storage. When he got out of jail he went to rehab and promised he wasn't going to drink, and or drink and drive anymore. So like an idiot I bought it. We married and then he started drinking again. This man has put me through hell. He never got his driver's license that he was able to get at anytime and he drank and drove in a vehicle that was in my name. I drove him back and forth to work, and yes I work too.I couldn't take it anymore and asked him to leave. We were married for 2 1/2 years. This whole time his stuff remained in storage and I heard him say to a friend when he was drunk that if we get divorced he still has all his belongings. This was a thorn in my side because I say it didn't show commitment to the marriage. Then I found out the DUI he got was while we were seeing each other not from a long time ago like he stated. Is there fraud here?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stratus said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio
When I met my soon to be ex, He drank and I knew it. He also told me he had to go to jail for 30 days for a DUI that happened a long time ago. He couldn't pay his rent with having to go to jail so I let him move in with me. He put his belongings in storage. When he got out of jail he went to rehab and promised he wasn't going to drink, and or drink and drive anymore. So like an idiot I bought it. We married and then he started drinking again. This man has put me through hell. He never got his driver's license that he was able to get at anytime and he drank and drove in a vehicle that was in my name. I drove him back and forth to work, and yes I work too.I couldn't take it anymore and asked him to leave. We were married for 2 1/2 years. This whole time his stuff remained in storage and I heard him say to a friend when he was drunk that if we get divorced he still has all his belongings. This was a thorn in my side because I say it didn't show commitment to the marriage. Then I found out the DUI he got was while we were seeing each other not from a long time ago like he stated. Is there fraud here?

My response:

No. You willingly accepted, and married, an idiot.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">