• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation Filed Too Late

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Izzletodasmizzl

State: Washington State

I got a speeding ticket for doing 76 in 60 and anyhoo i ended up getting the officers sworn statement and a copy of the ticket he filed. I was looking through our local District Court website and they had a link to all of the district court laws, one of them i found said that all citations must be filed within 2 days of the date given (excluding holidays and weekend) but that doesnt apply to me. I just noticed on my ticket that the officer filed it 3 days later. Is this grounds for dismissal? And if it is how do i got about asking for it?

Curt581

Izzletodasmizzl said:
And if it is how do i got about asking for it?
Call the Clerk of Courts in the jurisdiction that issued the citation and ask.

While you're on the phone, call your doctor's office to see if they can give you something for the drizzle from your schnizzle when you wizzle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">