• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

86 in a 55!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mfree07

What is the name of your state? NY
On Sunrise Highway in suffolk county I was pulled over by a State Trooper. I was in the back a pack of cars and he pulled out of the woods and simply pointed to me with his lights on. In short, he said I came through his radar at 86 and thats the ticket he wrote.

The ticket say he got me at 845 ft which seems pretty far to me. Also, I was near other cars going around the same speed and since the envelope says over 30 mph I must personally appear I think I am going to plead not guilty. I know I was speeding, but I really didn't think I was going that fast and don't understand how he picked me out of all the cars.

Any advise on getting it knocked down a bit to avoid problems with insurance?
I have a pretty clean record, especially in the past couple years.

lwpat

There are a lot of posts on this board about NY tickets, depositions, speedy trial, etc. Rather than go through them again please do a search. Your chances of getting it dismissed on a procedural motion are pretty good if you follow the rules. You are required to reply with a plea within 48 hours.

The 845ft means he got you with LIDAR. This would be hard to do if you were at the rear of a bunch of cars. It is also getting out near the maximum recommended range of 1000ft. However trying to beat your ticket on any of those grounds are unlikely to work.

I would also suggest a Google search on New York Speeding Ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">