• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desertion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsugumby

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

Without getting into the details... Recently my mom moved out due to circumstances. There was no legal separation. She just left. Almost 6 months have gone by and now they are finally filing for divorce, but my dad is filing under grounds of desertion?

Out of my curiousity, I've tried to research Indiana law and haven't found desertion to be a legal grounds for divorce, but I wanted to ask the FreeAdvice community. So is this Indiana law?

thanks

LdiJ

bsugumby said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Indiana

Without getting into the details... Recently my mom moved out due to circumstances. There was no legal separation. She just left. Almost 6 months have gone by and now they are finally filing for divorce, but my dad is filing under grounds of desertion?

Out of my curiousity, I've tried to research Indiana law and haven't found desertion to be a legal grounds for divorce, but I wanted to ask the FreeAdvice community. So is this Indiana law?

thanks
Indiana is a no-fault state. Therefore "grounds" aren't really relevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">