• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where Do I Stand?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Piscesangel7

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hello,
I am new to this group. I would like to know where I stand regarding a divorce. I have been married for 17 years, however have been miserable for many of those years.
Basically my husband has been having online affairs for about 9 years.
I have proof on the latest occurances....he has sex (so to speak) on camera on his laptop with other woman. His behavior has progressed over the years. I have printed proof of his behavior. He has showed himself on camera while in the shower (in my home) and in our bed while I was out and our 8 year old son was downstairs watching tv alone when some of this occured. My husband is in denial basically.
We own a home and I basically want to stay in the house with my children.
I would like to know if I am in a good position and where I stand with my situation.

Thank you for your help!

LdiJ

Piscesangel7 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Hello,
I am new to this group. I would like to know where I stand regarding a divorce. I have been married for 17 years, however have been miserable for many of those years.
Basically my husband has been having online affairs for about 9 years.
I have proof on the latest occurances....he has sex (so to speak) on camera on his laptop with other woman. His behavior has progressed over the years. I have printed proof of his behavior. He has showed himself on camera while in the shower (in my home) and in our bed while I was out and our 8 year old son was downstairs watching tv alone when some of this occured. My husband is in denial basically.
We own a home and I basically want to stay in the house with my children.
I would like to know if I am in a good position and where I stand with my situation.

Thank you for your help!
Divorce may not work the way that you think. Adultery is much less of a factor these days than it has been in the past. However it is also easier to get divorced.

It would be in your best interest to get a consult with a local attorney. Since there are significant property issues (home etc.) it really would not be wise to handle the divorce without one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">