• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcballison

Oregon. I had my car stolen and the person was caught and convicted of grand theft auto and eludeing a ploice officer. He was to given me $2,000 in restitution and has only paid me $100. What is the staute of limitation that I can go after him civil court?

TYRIS

kcballison said:
Oregon. I had my car stolen and the person was caught and convicted of grand theft auto and eludeing a ploice officer. He was to given me $2,000 in restitution and has only paid me $100. What is the staute of limitation that I can go after him civil court?

-You can go after him at anytime in civil court. However; I highly doubt he has any money to give and would not expect to see any money. I'd be lucky to get the $100.00 from him.

Tyris

ldkirby

Agreed. When my car was stolen, retrieved, and the thief to pay me restitution, I didn't see a dime.

In my case the money was to be processed by the court/probabtion system, then forwarded to me. Maybe you could call the court or this person's probation officer, but don't hold your breath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">