• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's Dad has No License - Whats the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MsPinkButterfly

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon

Hope someone might have the an answer! My son's father is in arrears (child support) and Oregon's department of Justice, child support office has informed me that he does not have a state issued drivers license. Anyone know if I can be held responsible for allowing my son to go with him and something should happen? What possibly would happen regarding insurance? :p

Shay-Pari'e

sPinkButterfly
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2005

Harsh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first time posting anything here, and you've sure made it fun! Thanks for your opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You came here to have fun? That was not an opinion I gave you. If you can't see things clearly and be a good mother, don't jump on me.

It is common sense lady.

Don't PM me again.

thumper75757

how old is your kid??? if hes a baby, dont let him go unless there is a licensed driver... chances are, if he has no license, he has no insurance.....therefore you would be responsible for his medical bills in the event of a wreck...or you could take him to court and make him pay half of the medical, but if he owes child support he probably wont pay the medical either... now if hes a teen, theres not much you can do to stop him from going with his father...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">