• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clylinal1

What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have three children whom were adopted by my childrens fathers mother. She adopted them while I was in jail 5 years ago. Since that time I have totally changed my life. I have not been in any trouble since and I never tested positive for any drugs. I work full-time and I'm a full-time student with a 3.5 GPA. I pick my children up for holidays buy them shoes and clothing for school christmas ect... They were adopted through the courts in Pittsburgh PA. I never ask her for anything when I go pick them up and bring them here to visit. She minipulated me into the adoption by telling me if I showed up for court she would not be able to adopt them and they would go to strangers she also told her son the same who was my co-defendent at the time. Another summer has come and last summer I went into terrible debt when I picked them up for the summer. She gets $1500 a month in adoptive assitance and never gives me a dime when I come to get them. I asked her to help with money for food and she replied by saying " she'll tell them that I can't afford them." She is a evil minipultive women and I want my children away from her; however I keep getting the same answer "the adoption is final" there has to be something I can do they are my children. She did this for her own personal gain :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Please help!!!!!!!!!

clylinal1 said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have three children whom were adopted by my childrens fathers mother. She adopted them while I was in jail 5 years ago. Since that time I have totally changed my life. I have not been in any trouble since and I never tested positive for any drugs. I work full-time and I'm a full-time student with a 3.5 GPA. I pick my children up for holidays buy them shoes and clothing for school christmas ect... They were adopted through the courts in Pittsburgh PA. I never ask her for anything when I go pick them up and bring them here to visit. She minipulated me into the adoption by telling me if I showed up for court she would not be able to adopt them and they would go to strangers she also told her son the same who was my co-defendent at the time. Another summer has come and last summer I went into terrible debt when I picked them up for the summer. She gets $1500 a month in adoptive assitance and never gives me a dime when I come to get them. I asked her to help with money for food and she replied by saying " she'll tell them that I can't afford them." She is a evil minipultive women and I want my children away from her; however I keep getting the same answer "the adoption is final" there has to be something I can do they are my children. She did this for her own personal gain :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Please help!!!!!!!!!
You may not like what you see on this website but it should give you some answers it has the ohio adoption laws
http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/ohio-laws,3.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">