• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can this loser partner be terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wbingham

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas
An LLC was formed a few months ago with 2 partners to start a new business. One of the partners obtained financing for equipment to the tune of approx. $175,000 and has incurred all expenses to operate this business including travel, motels, etc., while the other partner has contributed nothing, but has received 50% of the profits. There was never a partnership agreement or any type of contract signed between them. My question is, can we lose this partner and is he entitled to anything, and can the other partner continue this same business solely under the same name, EIN, and all other aspects of the business. Please help!!!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wbingham said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas
An LLC was formed a few months ago with 2 partners to start a new business. One of the partners obtained financing for equipment to the tune of approx. $175,000 and has incurred all expenses to operate this business including travel, motels, etc., while the other partner has contributed nothing, but has received 50% of the profits. There was never a partnership agreement or any type of contract signed between them. My question is, can we lose this partner and is he entitled to anything, and can the other partner continue this same business solely under the same name, EIN, and all other aspects of the business. Please help!!!!!!!

My response:

No contract? No monetary investment?

Then, the partner tells him this - - "The door swings both ways, but it's greased for out!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">