• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raffle drawing won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John_PA

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

I bought a raffle ticket from a person at work. The ticket had five tabs which were to be pulled back at the same time, displaying three digit numbers under each of the five tabs. The person buying the ticket for $1 could win if any of the five numbers matched the evening Daily Number drawing in Pennsylvania.

At the time of purchse I was told it was a $200 payout if I won.

I did win and turned the ticket in to the person at work who sold it to me.

The person who sold me the ticket is someone I work with and was selling these tickets to support his softball team. After I tunred in my ticket he told me that there is a problem with me collecting my winnings. Apprarently the manager of the team was not collecting enough money from the other players and that there were not enough tickets sold.

I find this fairly shady and was wondering if there is anything I can do to collect the $200 from the person who sold me the ticket, or his teams manager for seems to be their treasurer.

Thank you in advance,
John

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">