• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

b_perez

What is the name of your state?
Texas.

My problem is that I've been living with a man for a little over 6 years, but he got married to someone else (his ex) right after we started living together. Now, he's lived with me for the whole time...he's never lived with her. We also have 2 children together.
My question is can that marriage be annulled?

LdiJ

b_perez said:
What is the name of your state?
Texas.

My problem is that I've been living with a man for a little over 6 years, but he got married to someone else (his ex) right after we started living together. Now, he's lived with me for the whole time...he's never lived with her. We also have 2 children together.
My question is can that marriage be annulled?
You are living with someone who got married WHILE he was living with you?

Somehow I doubt that is grounds for annulment.

b_perez

the thing is that when she found out i was living with him and that i was pregnant, she started calling him at work and at the house saying she was gonna kill herself. i didn't know about this until a couple of days after when he finally told me what happened.
what i want to know is, can their marriage be annulled?? if he's been living with me the whole time?

LdiJ

b_perez said:
the thing is that when she found out i was living with him and that i was pregnant, she started calling him at work and at the house saying she was gonna kill herself. i didn't know about this until a couple of days after when he finally told me what happened.
what i want to know is, can their marriage be annulled?? if he's been living with me the whole time?
I doubt it.

b_perez

:( oh man...that really sucks, so he would have to go through divorce and stuff like that??
how would the divorce go about in this kind of situation.?
he's never lived with her.
he's lived with me the whole time.
we have 2 kids together.
they don't have any children together or any property together...man, i'm really bummed. :(

LdiJ

b_perez said:
:( oh man...that really sucks, so he would have to go through divorce and stuff like that??
how would the divorce go about in this kind of situation.?
he's never lived with her.
he's lived with me the whole time.
we have 2 kids together.
they don't have any children together or any property together...man, i'm really bummed. :(
Divorces are usually quicker and easier (and less expensive) than annulments.
Since they share no property or children, a divorce should be relatively simple.

b_perez

I just want to thank you soo much. You've been very helpful, you have no idea. Finally, I know what to do.

Thanks. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">