• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anaheim13

What is the name of your state? California.
Got a speeding ticket for doing 90 in a 65 zone. I forgot to mail the ticket payment and missed the last day by a few days. I sent the ticket by the mail anyways and haven't heard back yet. What is the best course of action to take form here. I know in CA, you can probably be put on a warrant or soemthing like that. Any advice?

TYRIS

anaheim13 said:
What is the name of your state? California.
Got a speeding ticket for doing 90 in a 65 zone. I forgot to mail the ticket payment and missed the last day by a few days. I sent the ticket by the mail anyways and haven't heard back yet. What is the best course of action to take form here. I know in CA, you can probably be put on a warrant or soemthing like that. Any advice?
-If you failed to show for court or pay the fine by the specified time then the judge more than likley issued a warrant for your arrest.

Go down to the courthouse where the citation was issued and contact the county clerk. Advised them that you missed the court date and need to schedule another court date.

THe county clerk can remove the warrant and issue you another court date for the citation and the failure to appear; however the fine will probably be higher due to the failure to appear.

If you can not pay the fine all at once, the court will allow you to make payments.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">