• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two violations in 5 days..What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgidvani

What is the name of your state? CA

Hey, I am in quite the situation.

I was driving home from San Diego, and at the end of the grapevine, where the road turns, my car started to pick up speed. I was holding down my brake, but obviously not hard enough. I got pulled over by the CHP, and he said that I was going 98mph in a 65mph zone. I know myself, that there was no way I was going that fast because I was watching the speedometer. If anything, I was around high 88-90mph. This occured on June 15th, 2005.
(Violation 22349)

Then, yestaurday, my 21st bday, (June 20th, 2005), I was driving to a baseball game. I hopped into the carpool lane once I got onto I-80 (Bay Bridge). I was so used to 2 people or more, and did not realize at all that it was 3 people or more, and got pulled over almost immediately.
(Violation 21655.5)

So, as you can see, I am in quite the fix. I am a college student, and definitely do not have any way to pay for these fines. Any clue what the results will be of each of these violations, and ideas for the best way to handle them? I'd greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

sgidvani

haha..that would take a long time to get to work and back to school.

Obviously, luck is not in my favor. Any other help, maybe dealing with traffic school and other options, would be greatly appreciated as well.

TYRIS

sgidvani said:
haha..that would take a long time to get to work and back to school.

Obviously, luck is not in my favor. Any other help, maybe dealing with traffic school and other options, would be greatly appreciated as well.

-If you have not received a citation in the last 18 months you can get probably get traffic school for the first violation. The second citation will go on your record if convicted.

Tyris

Pugilist

Happy Birthday. These runs of tickets happen to everyone.

The carpool violation is a no point ticket. Since there is no point, there is no need to go to school. Thus, nothing to lose by fighting it all the way. Maybe the officer will not show up.

On the other ticket you didn't say what speed he ticketed you for, but because fighting it involves traveling down south, you might want to consider taking traffic school if you can.

You can get a long term payment plan, to pay them off.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">