• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud on support figures used?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Needswork

What is the name of your state? CA

My ex claimed she was working part time when we used the disomaster (I don't know if thats what its called or not) Then 8 months later when she submitted her declaration of disclosure and income and expense declaration she has two pay stubs with 40+ hrs per week covering a month. From talking with freinds, she has worked 40+ hrs since the day she started. So I am paying spousal support as if she were 20 hrs a week and I have been for 6 months. Can I bring this up and get some money back or is it just too bad and Im screwed?

Tayla

.....And just what did your lawyer say after laughing hysterically at your suggestion to approach the court for a re-imbursement?

Needswork

You're assuming that I have a lawyer. I spent $1500 for one at the beginning, but after that ran out I couldn't afford to keep her. I have been dealing directly with my ex's lawyer and I'm getting beaten down at every corner.

Tayla

Needswork said:
You're assuming that I have a lawyer. I spent $1500 for one at the beginning, but after that ran out I couldn't afford to keep her. I have been dealing directly with my ex's lawyer and I'm getting beaten down at every corner.
You assessed correctly! I assume so very often when its a legal contract that will affect a persons' financials that they would have the foresight to seek legal representation. I personally am in total disagreement with any alimony payments. But I am not the judge or the law...so heres what I suggest: Suck it up as a harsh lesson learned in not getting the proper counsel prior to signing over your hard earned money to a person who is capable of earning their own living. And stop talking to HER lawyer, He isnt the peacemaker, he is being paid by her to make your life a financial burden.(and it sounds like he is doing a splendid job.. )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">