• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY lisence NJ ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewYork140

What is the name of your state? NY

Hey I got a ticket 100 in a 65 last night around exit 4 on the Jersy Turnpike. I have a NYS drivers lisence. Ok so this is what happened:

I was heading down to virginia beach with a buddy, and he started to tell me that he was feeling very sick and needed to goto the bathroom asap (if you know what I mean). So I saw there was a service area 2 miles down the road, soooooooo I hit a 100 passing a trooper. I explained the sisuation to him, he let my friend goto the bathroom, but gave me a ticket for 100 in 65, and reckless driving (because according to him its reckless to drive fast if someone has dierra and is about to take a crap in your car).

So the questions are..........first off, I read on the nys dmv website that , and I quote " The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions". So does that mean that I should just plead guilty and pay the fine, or is there more involved in this matter? I'm 20 and this is my first violation. Hoping someone could give me some feedback???? Also can NJ take my NY lisence?
Also do you think theyd send me to jail for reckless drivin in nj if I have a ny lisence? or am i lookin at fines realy?

qcxlvr1

NewYork140 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hey I got a ticket 100 in a 65 last night around exit 4 on the Jersy Turnpike. I have a NYS drivers lisence. Ok so this is what happened:

I was heading down to virginia beach with a buddy, and he started to tell me that he was feeling very sick and needed to goto the bathroom asap (if you know what I mean). So I saw there was a service area 2 miles down the road, soooooooo I hit a 100 passing a trooper. I explained the sisuation to him, he let my friend goto the bathroom, but gave me a ticket for 100 in 65, and reckless driving (because according to him its reckless to drive fast if someone has dierra and is about to take a crap in your car).

So the questions are..........first off, I read on the nys dmv website that , and I quote " The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions". So does that mean that I should just plead guilty and pay the fine, or is there more involved in this matter? I'm 20 and this is my first violation. Hoping someone could give me some feedback???? Also can NJ take my NY lisence?
Also do you think theyd send me to jail for reckless drivin in nj if I have a ny lisence? or am i lookin at fines realy?
1.) New York does not record out of state convictions. You will not get anything on your NY abstract.

2.) NJ does not have the authority to take action on your NY license, however, they can suspend you in their state and say you can not drive there for X amount of time.

3.) Don't just plead guilty. Get an attorney, he/she can appear for you most likely and get the charges reduced.

auditeetee

I have an NJ Drivers Liscense
I recieved a ticket for -following too closely- in NY.

My question is would this violation be reported to the NJ DMV and subsequently to my insurance company?
I've read many of the stories on this site and it seems like there are mixed responses to this question because of the following:

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/cit_violations/d_vp_pnf.html

Interstate Compacts

New Jersey belongs to two Interstate Compacts. Member states exchange information to ensure driver compliance with the law and that they receive penalties for violations.
The Nonresident Violator Compact
· includes 44 states* and the District of Columbia,
· assures nonresident motorists the same rights and privileges as resident motorists,
· requires drivers to fulfill the terms of traffic citations received in member states or face the possibility of license suspension in their home state,
· provides that nonresident drivers have due process protection and cannot be detained out -of -state.
*Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon and Wisconsin are not members.
Note: The compact does not apply to parking or standing violations, highway weight limit violations, and violations of Hazmat transportation laws.

BUT the NY DMV states:
" The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions".

so i dont know what to do
could someone please help me.

The poliz musst halv hidun guud for you to pass a truper at 100 milles per hor. I hoop yur frend didint poup in your vihicl.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">