• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House damaged by golf ball.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsutherland

What is the name of your state?State of Illinois

My house was hit by a golf ball. I confronted the guy who did it but he would not give his information. He said he would leave it at the end of his 9 holes but he bailed on me.

I have the information of the lady who was with him. The reservation was under her name. Can I sue her instead if I cannot get this guy's information? The police said there was little that they could do.

I am not concerned about the money as much as I am about doing the right thing. This guy showed no remorse and lied to me.

Any information would help - thanks.

stephenk

if you are not concerned about money, there is no purpose in suing anyone. money is you can collect.

how much damage was done to your house?

No, you cannot sue the lady to try and get information about the guy who did the damage.

dsutherland

Approx. Damage

I would guess only $100/$200. One piece of siding was shaddered. How can someone damage your property and just walk away? Yes - it was an accident. But then does that mean no one is liable?

I don't get it. This is sending me the wrong message... :(

stephenk

the golfer who hit the ball is liable. why didn't you didn't get his name, address and phone number when you first spoke to him?

You have no basis to sue the golfer's companion. you may try and contact the companian and see if she will provide you the name of the other golfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">