• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Embezzlement.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djpoprox

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was fired today from work because I had a party at my house and invited alot of co workers, well my boss somehow heard that my ex girlfriend had on some green flip flops and our shoe store we work at was missing a pair of green ones, along with 5 other kinds of shoes, and also was told someone once saw my with a shirt that looked like one that was missing. He told me a couple people would sign statements saying I had on a shirt that looked like the one missing and her shoes looked like ones missing. And that I was going to "hook people up" when i found a new job, so I was fired and they took a report for the police department in our area. I filled out a small section saying I never took any merchandise and believe that I was being fired for people "THINKING" I did something but noone has any proof at all, NONE, its all what they thought and supposedly will sign statements saying I did, but not statements saying they saw me take anything and noone will say I Actually TOOK anything because they never saw that, just that they think they saw me wear a shirt and my friend wear green flip flops. Please give me advice or something, Ive never stole anything.

AIM djpoprox
email [email protected]
or reply here

fire1ss

If you are truly inocent try going to a local labor board and seeing what they can do. It sounds like you were unjustly fired. If the items in question were actualy stolen from your store (or any other) than being in possesion of the stolen goods may be all they need. Do you have receipts for the items in question? That would solve everything.

djpoprox

I never took anything, I dont have anything, they saw someone wearing green flipflops and thought they saw me with a black tee shirt... But I dont have what they think i took.

ENASNI

Yeah

djpoprox said:
I never took anything, I dont have anything, they saw someone wearing green flipflops and thought they saw me with a black tee shirt... But I dont have what they think i took.
Uh-huh, we got that from the first post. The question asked to you is do you have proof of purchase, (and your friend too)? I know its a long-shot, but it would be nice to have to show them.

There seems to be more to this story, were you on shaky ground before this party?

djpoprox

no she doesnt have a reciept for her flip flops but they are a different brand that what the store sells. and for my shirt... well I dont own 1 that says "Zoo York skateboards" across the front

djpoprox

And as for shaky ground... I think everone was just because of things being missing and the last assistant stealing the deposit of 600$, but no suspicion, just an eye was kept on everyone.

fire1ss

As I stated

If they don't have proof and you are truley innocent, contact someone at a local labor board. If you don't want the job back atleast try to clear your name. Bring the flipflops to them and show that they are not what is sold at your store. I worked as a retail manager in the past and believe me most corporations will not release someone and state the reason as theft unless they have proof. If they see you withan item that was possibly stolen from your place of employment it doesn't matter who stole it. By not turning the person in you become guilty. IF YOU ARE TRULY INNOCENT, do something about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">