• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise on what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncognito

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Am currently in Washington

My question is that i am currently residing in Washington for almost a year now but did not file for divorce before i left my so called husband. Can i still file for a divorce here in Washington while he is somewhere else, as in not on the North American continent but on a US territory in the pacific,American Samoa. I didn't file when i was there because i wanted him to pay for it because it was his doing that destroyed our marriage which was short lived. Or can do i qualify for an annulment? It would've been 2 years now. YOur response is appreciated!

Last edited:

LdiJ

ncognito said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Am currently in Washington

My question is that i am currently residing in Washington for almost a year now but did not file for divorce before i left my so called husband. Can i still file for a divorce here in Washington while he is somewhere else, as in not on the North American continent but on a US territory in the pacific,American Samoa. I didn't file when i was there because i wanted him to pay for it because it was his doing that destroyed our marriage which was short lived. Or can do i qualify for an annulment? It would've been 2 years now. YOur response is appreciated!
Yes, you can file in Washington (assuming he has not already filed where he is). I have no idea whether or not you qualify for an annulment, but in general divorces are quicker, easier, and less expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">