• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apartment complex fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

finaritwo

What is the name of your state?ma. i have a question about liability, i lived in a luxury apartment complex and was returning home from work one evening and couldn't find a parking space adjacent to my building. i moved to an unfamiliar area of the complex to park, not normally preferred by residents due to the extremely steep incline and poorly maintained parking surface. as i exited the vehicle, driver side facing the steep incline, the actual drop from the footing of my suv to the ground was about three and a half feet. a large sink hole, later to be determined caused by the complex's leaking swimming pool, was filled with debris(leaves, dirt,etc.), making it impossible to realize the depth of the hole. i literally fell into the hole causing a rotor cuff tear, back pain, bad bruising. the complex actually closed off the entire parking lot from my reports and accepted the fact that there was an area being poorly maintained and possible dangerous to the rest of the residents. my question is do i have the right to sue them for liability,negligence, pain & suffering, etc? there was no signs saying park at your own risk if you know what i mean.!!

JETX

finaritwo said:
do i have the right to sue them for liability,negligence, pain & suffering, etc?
You, as anyone else, have the 'right' to sue them for anything your want. The court will determine whether your claim has merit.... and to what extent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">