• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge or Judge Pro-Tem?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eptexas

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California:
I just lost my case: I wass issued a citation for violating V.C. 22347, which does not exist. While posting the bail, the cashier wrote on my receipt 22349. I argued with her that she wrote the wrong number and showed me the correct violation number. The CHP officer apparently was sloppy in writing the number "9" and, instead, wrote "7". At that point, I decided maybe I should go to traffic school and asked her if I can go back to the courtroom. She said I have to come my trial and explain this to the Judge. The Judge was absent today, June 22, and instead, there was a Judge Pro-Tem. The Judge Pro-Tem would not hear my explanation, or rather, would not allow me to explain. "Allow me to cut you off for a moment". I submitted my evidence to the Judge Pro-Tem, and he assumed I doctored the violation number. (There was a watermark just before the number in question). I tried to explain that if I would have known the correct violation number, I would have opted for traffic school. The Judge Pro-Tem wannabe said that the REAL judge probably offered me traffic school at the pre-trial and would not allow me to attend. He did not want to hear my explanation. I asked to see his copy of the citation and it also kind of showed a sloppy "9". I told the Pro-Tem this, but Noooo, he would not hear me out. I'm guilty. Forfeit the bail. Next. I would like to appeal this verdict but my receipt does not provide infgormation on how to appeal. Plus, I would rather have a REAL Judge hear my case, not some "practicing" lawyer who's trying to impress some big shot.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Mike

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE) I would like to appeal this verdict but my receipt does not provide infgormation on how to appeal. Plus, I would rather have a REAL Judge hear my case, not some "practicing" lawyer who's trying to impress some big shot.
Any advice would be appreciated.(QUOTE)

Did you forget you signed the stipulation allowing the Pro-Temp to hear your case?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">