• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does reconciliation invalidate a separation agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandrawg

What is the name of your state? CA

My husband and I legally separated in May 2004. I was told that if we moved back in together after the separation agreement was executed, it becomes invalid. Is this true? My husband and I moved back in together Nov. 2004 but are in the process of separating again. Also, there is a provision in the agreement that states that even in the event of a reconciliation, the agreement must be modified in writing. Is that binding?

Also, I was hospitalized in a psychiatric ward immediately before signing the agreement. An attorney friend (but not someone who specializes in family law) has said the agreement is invalid because, according to contract law, I lacked capacity to sign it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">