• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will this deal work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mercxi

What is the name of your state?NY
I got into two car accidents within a year and a half and if i get a ticket my insurance drops me. Oddly enough i get a ticket in poughkeepsie for doing a 50 in a 30. Now the cop told me, as i later found out from my friend, that if i show up we can work something out to my benefit, but i don't like taking chances. So anyways, do you think they will allow me to just take a traffic school course instead of putting points on my insurace? This means i get a court order that is making me take a class

qcxlvr1

mercxi said:
What is the name of your state?NY
I got into two car accidents within a year and a half and if i get a ticket my insurance drops me. Oddly enough i get a ticket in poughkeepsie for doing a 50 in a 30. Now the cop told me, as i later found out from my friend, that if i show up we can work something out to my benefit, but i don't like taking chances. So anyways, do you think they will allow me to just take a traffic school course instead of putting points on my insurace? This means i get a court order that is making me take a class
Plea bargaining is common in NON TVB courts in New York, which I assume Poughkeepsie has. Plead not guilty, and see what they offer you. You usually get a much better plea with an attorney present.

New York doesn't really do the traffic school deal like other states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">