• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Down payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

comingback

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My wife and I have owned a home for 20 years. I put up 100K downpayment and made all mortgage payments for 17years.We now have 500K borrowed against the home. She became a teacher 3 years ago and started to contribute financially at that time. What is my ownership percentage and am I entitled to get the down payment back?

LdiJ

comingback said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

My wife and I have owned a home for 20 years. I put up 100K downpayment and made all mortgage payments for 17years.We now have 500K borrowed against the home. She became a teacher 3 years ago and started to contribute financially at that time. What is my ownership percentage and am I entitled to get the down payment back?
After 20 years...odds are its 50/50 no matter who paid the mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">