• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal separation forms?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seriecker

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My husband and I are trying to get a legal separation (not a divorce as of yet). We contacted the clerks office at the courthouse and they told us to get online and download a separation agreement form, so we did. When we took it back, she looked at us like we were crazy because that was all we had. However, she was not able to tell us exactly what other forms we needed, or where to find them. I am not familiar with any of this stuff, and I really can't afford a lawyer right now, so can someone please tell me what I need????

carol1206

I don't know the laws in Kansas, but in New Jersey there is no such thing as a "legal separation". Call your county courthouse and ask to speak to a hearing officer in family court. They may be able to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">