• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bettis62

What is the name of your state?ARKANSAS

My wife and I just seperated a few days ago and we have a checking account togethor, I am the Primary person on the checking account.

The day we seperated and up until todays date she has been writing checks on the account and there is no money in the account, so of course the checks are bouncing. Am I going to have to pay for this? I tried to close the account but the bank said they couldn't because of the bounced checks. What am I suppose to do? She keeps writing checks...

Gary Fox

LdiJ

bettis62 said:
What is the name of your state?ARKANSAS

My wife and I just seperated a few days ago and we have a checking account togethor, I am the Primary person on the checking account.

The day we seperated and up until todays date she has been writing checks on the account and there is no money in the account, so of course the checks are bouncing. Am I going to have to pay for this? I tried to close the account but the bank said they couldn't because of the bounced checks. What am I suppose to do? She keeps writing checks...

Gary Fox
You need to put enough money in the account to cover the balance owed and then immediately close the account. Otherwise, your credit is going to be damaged rather severely. You also need to tell her that the account is closed.

This could be due to the different states, but my soon to be ex "told" me that he can't close out our joint account by himself, that we both have to sign a consent form.

bettis62

seperation

arkansas

What really makes me angry is that she knew there was NO money in the bank. I only deposite enough to pay the morgage on our house because in the past she had a problem with bouncing checks and I didn't want to get the problem started again but here we go again ROUND 2...

She is the one who wanted the seperation not me and now she has to go and act like a young teenager.

Gary

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">