• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cheating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P McC

What is the name of your state?Michigan. If the husband cheated is the wife intitled to everything? She is refusing child visitation with the one year old, she also has had the police called on her several times to have her removed frjom the husbands fathers house and the mothers house, also from the husbands rental house. She has an apartment of her own, is she intitled to still come and go at the house they rented together, the police say she can. She tried to kill herself and will not get couseling, she went off her medication

Please help

Veronica1228

P McC said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan. If the husband cheated is the wife intitled to everything? She is refusing child visitation with the one year old, she also has had the police called on her several times to have her removed frjom the husbands fathers house and the mothers house, also from the husbands rental house. She has an apartment of her own, is she intitled to still come and go at the house they rented together, the police say she can. She tried to kill herself and will not get couseling, she went off her medication

Please help
I believe that cheating is only grounds for a divorce or can be used to nullify a prenup agreement. Otherwise, it doesn't necessarily mean that the wife will get everything. She should hire a good lawyer to help her though.

If her name is on the lease of the house they rented together than yes she can enter the dwelling.

dallas702

But, if she really tried to kill herself the coourt, CPS, or the police shopuld be informed. It is not unusual for a burned partner to commit that unthinkable act....and take the child(ren) with them. Not allowing the hubby to see the child(ren) is only going to hurt her in court, and hurts the child. Tell her to play by the rules and she'll be ok.

P McC

suicide

yes, she did really try and spent a week in the hospital, she has since removed herself from the medications they gave her and not followed up on the counseling the hospital arranged for her. I am worried about my grand daughter (Sarah is not herself just now, she used to be a good mom but is now out of control emotionally) What can my son do to protect himself and his daughter?

LdiJ

P McC said:
yes, she did really try and spent a week in the hospital, she has since removed herself from the medications they gave her and not followed up on the counseling the hospital arranged for her. I am worried about my grand daughter (Sarah is not herself just now, she used to be a good mom but is now out of control emotionally) What can my son do to protect himself and his daughter?
He obviously needs to file for custody of the child. The fact that he cheated isn't good...but its probably not very significant considering her mental health history....and lack of follow up treatment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">