• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sole Proprietorship in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrfong

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi,

I have lived in Houston,Texas for the last 15 yrs of my life and I am also an U.S. citizen. Ever since I left my country Taiwan at 7 and felt the freedom U.S. provides, it was always a goal of mine to start a business and experience the American dream.

The last 7yrs, I have been preparing to undertake the challenge of forming and operating, a successful investment management company, called Roma Group, or Feng's Associates in Texas. Where the majority of our business will be conducted locally, in various real estate sectors.

My problem is this. My childhood friends, who are "non-resident aliens", wishes to give me 200k, for no profits. Is there a way I do not step on Uncle Sam's toes but can still not be taxed?

I do not mind paying taxes on the income from my business. But the fact is it hasn't even started yet.

Look at it from my company's perspective. If my business haven't even started receiving income, the taxes I paid are quite hazardous to the company's financial health and future. That's like asking you to pay your income tax for not the current tax year but for the future. Or like a senior paying for school taxes.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Best Regards,
Andrew Feng

P.S. email: [email protected] if you want to speak with me directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">