• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deed vs community interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bp2005

What is the name of your state? CA. When I was married 1988, my inlaws got us a home by a downpayment as a gift 1989. We sold the house 9 years later, 1998 and gave all the equity to my husbands brother & wife to buy a new home because my husbands mom & dad would give us their home since they are retiring (2002-2003). They transfered the deed, 1999 to our names but later find out they ask our names taken off the house because we were having marriage problems 2001 , and I didn't know what I was signing away the deed. Now the house is only under the parents name under a trust. My husband has a girlfriend that moved in and we are not even divorced. This is why I moved out as well, he had internet relationships. Now I'm taking the intiative to followup with finalize this divorce to settle our lives. There is 15 years of my contribution to both houses and now they are saying I don't get anything. :confused: We have 2 kids, and the kids are with me Mon-Fri since he works nights. The girlfriend is in the 4bdrm house now, while I have the kids in a 1.5 bdrm apt. Pls advise.

LdiJ

bp2005 said:
What is the name of your state? CA. When I was married 1988, my inlaws got us a home by a downpayment as a gift 1989. We sold the house 9 years later, 1998 and gave all the equity to my husbands brother & wife to buy a new home because my husbands mom & dad would give us their home since they are retiring (2002-2003). They transfered the deed, 1999 to our names but later find out they ask our names taken off the house because we were having marriage problems 2001 , and I didn't know what I was signing away the deed. Now the house is only under the parents name under a trust. My husband has a girlfriend that moved in and we are not even divorced. This is why I moved out as well, he had internet relationships. Now I'm taking the intiative to followup with finalize this divorce to settle our lives. There is 15 years of my contribution to both houses and now they are saying I don't get anything. :confused: We have 2 kids, and the kids are with me Mon-Fri since he works nights. The girlfriend is in the 4bdrm house now, while I have the kids in a 1.5 bdrm apt. Pls advise.
Hon, you need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">