• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illlegal use of radar gun by police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trp1971

What is the name of your state? new jersey

i was given a ticket for speeding on i-80 in hope,nj.the trooper told me i was going 84 mph,,,i was only doing about 75 mph.im not saying i wasnt speeding,,but the trooper was parked on the right shoulder lane underneath a bridge by pass.not in between the usuall places on the left hand side off the road.the trooper was parked on the left shoulder,,,and standing between the door of the car and the car itself holding a radar or laser gun.is this legal,,,,,,,,should i fight this ticket?

You Are Guilty

trp1971 said:
What is the name of your state? new jersey

i was given a ticket for speeding on i-80 in hope,nj.the trooper told me i was going 84 mph,,,i was only doing about 75 mph.im not saying i wasnt speeding,,but the trooper was parked on the right shoulder lane underneath a bridge by pass.not in between the usuall places on the left hand side off the road.the trooper was parked on the left shoulder,,,and standing between the door of the car and the car itself holding a radar or laser gun.is this legal,,,,,,,,should i fight this ticket?
Wow, it's good you noticed where he was standing! That's expressly prohibited by NJ statute 666:13, Unlawful Stance While Engaged in Radar Enforcement. Definately go to court and fight this. I'd also draw a diagram of where everyone was at the time of the ticket, since you obviously can't get photographs now. Try to use a lot of colors so that the Court can see your point more clearly. Crayons are usually the best bet since they contrast well with white posterboard. Make it as big as you can - the bigger it is, the more detail you can show and the more likely you'll be found not guilty.

Good luck.

Curt581

It never ceases to amaze me that people continuously try to find examples of police misconduct, while at the same time, openly admitting they really were doing what the cop caught them doing.

And the examples of misconduct they cite, aren't really misconduct at all.

Another "Proof Positive" that a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

:rolleyes:

Trp1971, I agree with Y.A.G.

Take it to court. See what happens. Don't forget your checkbook.

Pleading guilty and just paying a traffic ticket is like going into an automobile dealer and paying full sticker price for a car. You should always try for a reduction on a traffic ticket.

You need a lawyer to have any chance if you think the reasons you gave will help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">