• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled Over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scythelx

Hello,

I live in the state of connecticut and was on my way home from a friends house around 2 am. One of my other friends was following me on the way home which was right down the road ( approx 5 miled ). A state trooper singals to pull my friend behind me over then pulls me over. He asks for all my information, ie Registration, Insurance, and License. I had my Registration, but I only had an CT state ID card because I lost my drivers license a while back then just went to college. My insurance card was in my car somewhere but was unable to produce it. He asked me if I had anything to drink which I said I had around 2-3 beers. He asked me to step out side the car and made me look at his finger and he started to move it slowly and then jerked it back and forth really fast. He then had me stand on my left leg for 45 seconds going 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi ect. Then he had me walk a straight line twice counting each step as I took them. I passed fine and want even drunk and asked me to step back inside my car. I told him that I was going to get everything straighten out because I needed to get my upcoming registration renewal done which he replied I dont care. He told me to drive on and gave me a 251 dollar ticket. I contested it because I'm a college student that doesnt have that kind of cash right now. He said he had pulled me over because my tail light was out - but before I drove away it wasnt out and my friend driving behind me said it was fine to.. Just looking for some advice here...

Thanks

racer72

Hope you tell the judge a better story, your lame excuses aren't going to get you anywhere in court. Your lucky your car wasn't impounded. You really need to talk to an attorney, it is obvious from your post you don't have a clue about dealing with a traffic ticket.

scythelx

I dont have money for an attorney, I dont have money to even pay the ticket. I wont be speaking to the judge is going to be the Dist. Attorney first, then I would goto court if I cant work things out with them. Any other constructive advice anyone can give?

Regards

HomeGuru

scythelx said:
I dont have money for an attorney, I dont have money to even pay the ticket. I wont be speaking to the judge is going to be the Dist. Attorney first, then I would goto court if I cant work things out with them. Any other constructive advice anyone can give?

Regards

**A: ask for a public defender.

scythelx

on the paper they sent me it goes

#1. An attorney will not be provided to you by the State for this case. You should consult your own attorney if you have questions about the law in this case.

racer72

If you can't afford traffic tickets, you can't afford to drive. The court will work out a payment plan so the ticket gets paid. All you have to do is ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">