• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lnrreese

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

A friend and I are starting a business making jewelry for babies. The jewelry is beaded, and obviously small, so there is a potential choking risk if the child is wearing the product unsupervised. So, if I include in the packaging a written statement that says not to wear unsupervised and any risk is assumed by the purchaser am I off the hook if someone chokes? If we incorporate and get sued can the people only go after the money in the corporation, or can they come after us personally?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lnrreese said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

A friend and I are starting a business making jewelry for babies. The jewelry is beaded, and obviously small, so there is a potential choking risk if the child is wearing the product unsupervised. So, if I include in the packaging a written statement that says not to wear unsupervised and any risk is assumed by the purchaser am I off the hook if someone chokes? If we incorporate and get sued can the people only go after the money in the corporation, or can they come after us personally?

My response:

Here's the best legal advice you're ever going to get - -

"Are you absolutely out of your mind?"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">