• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to remove husband from house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stidman

What is the name of your state?Mississippi

How can I get my alcoholic husband out of my house? I am renting, the rental lease is in my name only. I can't afford a divorce right now, I just want him to leave. He refuses, and the police say they can do nothing if he is drunk unless he threatens me, which he doesn't do. My landlord is willing to do whatever to help me.

dallas702

Have a friend put a big screen TV on a cart and slowly pull it in front of your house. When he runs out the door to get it, lock him out.

In MS a young girl with all her teeth and a 6-pack might also do it.

;)

nextwife

Check your state's Landlord/tenant laws. If he is NOT on the lease or an authorized renter, the landlord can evict him with proper 30 day notice.

LdiJ

nextwife said:
Check your state's Landlord/tenant laws. If he is NOT on the lease or an authorized renter, the landlord can evict him with proper 30 day notice.
....and if your landlord can't, you may be able to do the process of eviction yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">