• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State of GA. underage 21 (19) - 24mph over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snoopduhdog

What is the name of your state?Georgia

At 7:45AM I received a ticket....24 mph over limit.... on I-75 by local police....it turned out to be an unoccupied construction zone....or it would have only been 14mph over limit....do I have any options????? Sick in GA..... :confused:

lwpat

Georgia Work Zone Ticket

shall be guilty of a misdemeanor
of a high and aggravated nature and shall be punished by a fine of
not less than $100.00 nor more than $2,000.00 or by imprisonment for
a term not to exceed 12 months, or both. The provisions of this
subsection shall apply without regard to whether work zone personnel
were present in the highway work zone when the violation occurred.
I would say that you have a serious problem and need the serivces of an attorney. Your only out would be if the signage was not in accordance with the code. There are some procedural outs in Georgia and an attorney will know them. Check the find an attorney link on this site. Only if no one is listed send me an email an I will provide you with some more references.

Not retaining an attorney is going to cost you much more in the long run. This is not something that you want to take on by yourself, especially in Georgia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">