• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing motion to accept traffic school certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammygotaticket

What is the name of your state? California

Hey guys,

Long story made short - The court says they never received my traffic school certificate on time, and the only way for them to accept it is if I file a motion to set aside bail forfeiture and re-open case. Finally a few months ago, I found time to go to a self-help center and write up the motion and mailed it along with a copy of the completed traffic school certificate I had.

Just a few days ago, I received this back from the court..

"You did not provide proof of service on all parties. The court also needs to know if you are going to be submitting the motion on just the pleadings, or if you are going to appear in court."

My question is.. Are motions just papers you can send in? Or are they some kind of notice to the court that I'm going to do something about it? What does it mean to submit a motion just on the pleadings, would that be sufficient in my situation?

ANY help at all appreciated, thanks
-Sam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">