• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joeby4

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? LAS VEGAS,NV

After 24 years of marriage my wife and I agree on a divorce.I lived in ILLINOIS
for 22 years,until the last 2 years.(job transfer).We have had ours up and down over the years,five years ago we were having problems and we talked about divorcing then,so in discussion I signed over quit claim deed of our house and two investing property.My daughter is grown(30) and my wife worked.Since we purchased the propertys together are we to divided the property,even after I sign the deed.She still lived in ILLINOIS.

Thank you

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

joeby4 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? LAS VEGAS,NV

After 24 years of marriage my wife and I agree on a divorce.I lived in ILLINOIS
for 22 years,until the last 2 years.(job transfer).We have had ours up and down over the years,five years ago we were having problems and we talked about divorcing then,so in discussion I signed over quick claim deed of our house and two investing property.My daughter is grown(30) and my wife worked.Since we purchased the propertys together are we to divided the property,even after I sign the deed.She still lived in ILLINOIS.

Thank you

My response:

It's called a "Quit Claim Deed" - - not "Quick".

What did you think you were signing - an autograph book?

IAAL

JETX

joeby4 said:
Since we purchased the propertys together are we to divided the property,even after I sign the deed.
And since you signed the quit claim deed (assuming it was filed), you gave up any rights to ownership... or compensation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
And since you signed the quit claim deed (assuming it was filed), you gave up any rights to ownership... or compensation.

My response:

. . . and with the stroke of a pen, our Prince turned himself in a frog.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">