• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Urination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ningen

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I just recently got a job teaching English in Japan so I'm living in Tokyo right now. Right before I left I went to visit a friend in Tempe, Arizona. We went out to the bars and on the way back we each decided to take a leak by a tree (I'm from Wisconsin, didn't think it was a big deal). Well, two cops on horses stopped us and served us with public urination tickets. The officer said that if I plead guilty and paid the ticket I wouldn't have to go to court. I left for Japan and my parents paid the ticket (I gave them money) as soon as it arrived in the mail. So I didn't show up for my court date and there was a warrant put out for my arrest. My parents called me and said they had received a certified letter with a Court Summons for July 5th. I'm in Tokyo, Japan and I just started working. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO ARIZONA TO GO TO COURT FOR A PEE TICKET! I'll pay whatever they want, but flying back to plead guilty would be ridiculous. What should I do?

Veronica1228

ningen said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I just recently got a job teaching English in Japan so I'm living in Tokyo right now. Right before I left I went to visit a friend in Tempe, Arizona. We went out to the bars and on the way back we each decided to take a leak by a tree (I'm from Wisconsin, didn't think it was a big deal).
Um....what? Please tell me you didn't go around peeing in public in my state. Gross! :eek:

N

ningen

Huh?

Its not like I peed in front of a group of elementary school children or anything. I was behind a tree in the dark. How is that a threat to you and your stiletto heels?
BTW Thanks for the legal advice

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
'Cause it's gross. What, you couldn't go before you left the last bar? Mommy didn't teach you to go once for the road?

Veronica1228

You want some legal advice? Okay, I'm going to borrow some from our friend HG who is an attorney. (The check is in the mail HG)

Urine trouble.

N

ningen

Re:

I'm just saying why post to a thread asking for advice with useless information and scolding. I'm in a bind here. Yeah I peed on a tree, sorry. Humans used to pee outside all the time before it became "gross." Whatever, it doesn't matter what I think, I just want to find a way out of this.

Veronica1228

ningen said:
I'm just saying why post to a thread asking for advice with useless information and scolding. I'm in a bind here. Yeah I peed on a tree, sorry. Humans used to pee outside all the time before it became "gross." Whatever, it doesn't matter what I think, I just want to find a way out of this.
Look genius, you received a summons to appear in court. You have a warrant out for your arrest. This is not just going to go away. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what you have to do.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ningen said:
Yeah, and people used to own slaves here, too. We've progressed a bit since then.

N

ningen

Its ironic that slavery was brought up since the states with the strictest public urination laws are former slave states in the south. What a better way to get rid of freed homeless blacks than to make their very existence illegal.
My situation is clearly not comparable, but the motives behind laws that are put in place with the pretext of advancing society are often not so noble. Anyway, I digress.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh for Christ's sake. The comparisaon was to show that we've become somewhat more civilized than either owning slaves or whipping it out whenever we feel the need. Are you an animal? Are you unable to control your urges? You couldn't go in the bar, or find a nearby gas station instead of just whipping it out when you had the need to pee?

Grow up. My 13 yo son knows better than that.

N

ningen

I guess we just come from different backgrounds. Where I'm from its just not the big of a deal, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">