• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife left state during divorce proceedings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimrhonda

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin

Right after we filed the paperwork for our divorce, my soon to be ex left the state and went to Texas with our kids. Is it true that if a spouse leaves the state that I can still proceed with the divorce without her? She has already signed the divorce papers, however, she has had a child with another man since we seperated(not a legal seperation) and a guardian at litem has been appointed to her child...is there anyway of getting around the paternity test to proceed with the divorce? She has also signed a paper that states that I am not the father, and it has been noterized!?

LdiJ

jimrhonda said:
What is the name of your state?Wisconsin

Right after we filed the paperwork for our divorce, my soon to be ex left the state and went to Texas with our kids. Is it true that if a spouse leaves the state that I can still proceed with the divorce without her? She has already signed the divorce papers, however, she has had a child with another man since we seperated(not a legal seperation) and a guardian at litem has been appointed to her child...is there anyway of getting around the paternity test to proceed with the divorce? She has also signed a paper that states that I am not the father, and it has been noterized!?
You are probably going to need to consult a local attorney on that one. Some states though are adamant about not proceeding with a divorce until paternity is legally established regarding all children born during the marriage. The mechanisms for establishing paternity also vary from state to state.

Yes, you can proceed with the divorce without her being present in the state.

jimrhonda

LdiJ said:
You are probably going to need to consult a local attorney on that one. Some states though are adamant about not proceeding with a divorce until paternity is legally established regarding all children born during the marriage. The mechanisms for establishing paternity also vary from state to state.

Yes, you can proceed with the divorce without her being present in the state.
I was afraid of that......she's totally taking me for a ride.......because of her I owe the IRS $3000.00 (long story), our house went into forclosure ($6000.00 past due-she kept the house then quite making the payments, then took off to Texas), I gave her 275.00 towards plane tickets for the kids to fly up here for this summer, and she never bought the tickets, I've paid 250.00 towards the paternity test, covered her under my insurance while she was pregnent from this other man, wants to be able to claim 2 of the 3 kids every year for taxes even though she doesn't work, took all the property we had and left me with all the bills! What are my chances of being reimbursed for all my costs when we go to court? Will the judge court order her to pay that back to me???,lessen my child support til paid in full???, or will I have to take her to small claims court and sue her for it?????

LdiJ

jimrhonda said:
I was afraid of that......she's totally taking me for a ride.......because of her I owe the IRS $3000.00 (long story), our house went into forclosure ($6000.00 past due-she kept the house then quite making the payments, then took off to Texas), I gave her 275.00 towards plane tickets for the kids to fly up here for this summer, and she never bought the tickets, I've paid 250.00 towards the paternity test, covered her under my insurance while she was pregnent from this other man, wants to be able to claim 2 of the 3 kids every year for taxes even though she doesn't work, took all the property we had and left me with all the bills! What are my chances of being reimbursed for all my costs when we go to court? Will the judge court order her to pay that back to me???,lessen my child support til paid in full???, or will I have to take her to small claims court and sue her for it?????
You know.....you really should keep all of your stuff on one thread....you would probably get better answers. This is the first you have mentioned that your divorce isn't even finished yet. You REALLY need an attorney.

jimrhonda

LdiJ said:
You know.....you really should keep all of your stuff on one thread....you would probably get better answers. This is the first you have mentioned that your divorce isn't even finished yet. You REALLY need an attorney.
how do I keep them all on one thread? This is my first time using this web page...found it through another link.

No, it's not finished yet.....we filed the petition for divorce in October of 2003! It's very frustration because I have a fiance', and we have had to reschedule our wedding date two times now.....

LdiJ

jimrhonda said:
how do I keep them all on one thread? This is my first time using this web page...found it through another link.

No, it's not finished yet.....we filed the petition for divorce in October of 2003! It's very frustration because I have a fiance', and we have had to reschedule our wedding date two times now.....
You have posted several different threads on several different boards on this site....you are going to get the same people responding on all of the boards.
YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">