• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA summary offense 24 years later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cynth71

What is the name of your state? PA
I have a summary offense in the state of PA for retail theft 04/04/1981. It was just a couple of months after I turned 18, and was the first and only time I tried to steal anything. The offense didn't affect me much during my younger years, I was able to find work and such. I'm now 42 and have spent the last several years as a stay at home mom. Now that they're getting older I'd like to find a decent job, and these days everyone checks your record. Susie622 wrote about the same thing on 4/29 and the reply was that in PA summary offenses are not kept on your record. Well mine is still there and I have lost the opportunity at a good job because of it. I didn't lie on my application knowing they'd check and they did check and let me know that it was the reason for not getting the job. Is there any way for me to now have this taken off of my record without going for a pardon. I want this thing to disappear completely. Other than that my record is spotless, not even a traffic violation. Please help.

Last edited:

racer72

See a local attorney about an expungment. For a minor crime that long ago it should be a piece of cake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">