• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving in VA, Fairfax 99/55

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kt2302

What is the name of your state? MD

On this Februrary I was caught with 99 mph on a 55 road. I appeared on a court and was given 6 months suspension + 1500$ fine + 1 day jail. My lawyer's name is J. Langone I do not know if anybody knows him.

I appealed the case to a jury trial. My question is: will the jury trial be better for me? Will the suspension and jail time decrease? Are they more reasonable than the judge? And will my driving license get suspended in MD too or is the suspension going to be only in VA? By the way, this is my first offense.

Thanks,

JETX

kt2302 said:
I appealed the case to a jury trial. My question is: will the jury trial be better for me?
Absolutely!! Of course your peers will see that your going almost twice the posted speed limit was just a 'prank' and you shouldn't have to face any real penalty!!

Will the suspension and jail time decrease?
Absolutely!! Of course your peers will see that your going almost twice the posted speed limit was just a 'prank' and you shouldn't have to face any real penalty!!

Are they more reasonable than the judge?

And will my driving license get suspended in MD too or is the suspension going to be only in VA?

By the way, this is my first offense.
Congratulations. Your 'first time' was pretty big!!

You're welcome!!

lwpat

I suggest that you ask these questions of your attorney. If it goes to trial the jury will only find you guilty or not guilty, the judge will be the one to impose the sentence. In VA this can be up to 2500 and 12 months in jail for reckless driving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">