• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beating a school bus ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Defenderyou

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Twice int the past three months I have received tickets for passing a school bus that I dont think I passed. I believe there is a scam with the Stanford Ct police set to trap innocent motorists and give them $450 tickets! I know this may sound to farfetched to be true, BUT either I am out of my mind or I am right.

Anyway, I am writing to seek advice. The first ticket I paid - in CT if you pay you dont get points. However, the second ticket I have sent in a not guilty plee and wish to fight it in court. I need your advice on the following.

This road is 3 wide lanes and I was in the far left lane when I was signaled over, a quarter mile past the incident spot. I never saw a school bus at all! Also, no bus ever went by me after I was pulled over, and the ticketing officer told me the bus turned off the street beofre he pulled me over. I asked him what the bus number was and he did not know. I also told him that if there was a bus it had no flashing red lights (or amber - it had nothing)on. I know this has to be the case.

SO,...

1) if the officer does not submit the information on the bus (he gave me the case number and told me to call fo it - I have yet to do so), does that constitute enough to get off on the ticket. If I supposedly went by a bus and the officer cant identify the bus I supposedly passed, will the judge side with me?

2) Can I make a claim that the bus did not have its lights on? In the CT statutes (which I have read thoroughly) its says the bus must have the lights flashing for 50 ft before pulling over, or if amber 100 ft before pulling over to let kids on and off. So, if I argue that was the case, can I be found guilty?

3) Must the officer show up in order for me to be found guilty.

4) If he does identify the "ghost " bus and I ascertain that the buses' path is to not turn off onto the side street he claims and the time is far off the time identified from when he ticketed me, will this help my defence by proving the officer made up the bus and all that went along with it. I think he may not identify the bus. Does he need to identify this bus?

Of course, the officer can say I was lying when I tell the court he said the bus turned and the bus really never tunred, but at least I have a case.

Any other thoughts on how ot beat this?? I am most definitely being setup by the poice here!!!

Defender

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">