• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pensions and spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pipeking

What is the name of your state? Ca

My soon to be ex wife filed for divorce in 2003. She now wants part of my pension that was not mine until 2005. I was not vested in it until then. Also she waived her spousal support that she herself wanted done. will I still have to pay her part of my pension?

nextwife

And if NOT final, keep in mind that any pension benefits accrued PRIOR to the marriage should be exempted.

pipeking

No it is not finale. That is the problem. I did not have a pension when she filled and I have been trying to get it finshed. for two years. She was sick so she asked that I keep her on the ins. for a little while longer.We had a working agreement that she agreed to she signed off on the spousal support as well. I will be talking to a lawyer but just wanted to know.if anyone knew or had any experiance with it :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">