• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sister killed at job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaj620

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My sister was killed while at her job. She was walking up an alley between buildings where she was employed. A very large and wide delivery truck was backing up in the alley. My sister had her cell phone to her ear and didn't hear the backup beeps of the truck. It was a very noisy alley. There were no mirrors on the alley's walls (although they put them up the next day after my sister was killed). So the driver didn't see her and ran over her and killed her. She left behind 2 kids and was a single mother. One son, 16 and a daughter 19. I am executor/trustee of her estate. Her place of employment is reviewing the accident to see if it is conpensatable for workmans comp. clainm. Should I pursue a wrongful death for the children?

djohnson

Ofcourse in any situation like this you should consult with an attorney. Usually a first consult is free, but can give you an idea of what you have. Was she on work hours? Did work require her to make this trip? You realize she will be found partly responsible at best by her own contributation to the accident also.

hollywoodtdb

Yes you should

Texas

Sounds like you there is a possible claim here. Maybe there should have been someone helping the truck back up.

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">