• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

outstanding ticket in MD and moving to NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MD moving to NC

What is the name of your state? MD

I currently have a Maryland drivers license and was ticketed in MD for 75 in a 55. I am planning on going to court but have not gone yet. I am now moving to NC for graduate school. As a result I can keep my MD license or switch to a NC license whenever I want. Is there an advantage to switching my license to NC at any particular time in the course of my ticket proceedings?

Thank you for you help

Beware switching to a NC licence without taking care of it. If your conviction happens after you receive your NC licence, since your speed as more than 15 over, you could face a suspension of your shiny, new NC licence if reported back to NC.

chat_junkie9

out standing ticket in md

MD moving to NC said:
What is the name of your state? MD

I currently have a Maryland drivers license and was ticketed in MD for 75 in a 55. I am planning on going to court but have not gone yet. I am now moving to NC for graduate school. As a result I can keep my MD license or switch to a NC license whenever I want. Is there an advantage to switching my license to NC at any particular time in the course of my ticket proceedings?

Thank you for you help
take care of the ticket BEFORE you leave for NC...i am NOT a lawyer so am only guessing that you will NOT be able to get a NC license until you get this ticket taken care of....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">