• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynchb01

North Carolina

I need some advice please. My father has left my mother about 2 weeks ago and also left his 89 year old sickly father with her. He has been going through some type of depression for the last 6 mos. He has lost 20 lbs. won't shave or bathe, throws up all the time, won't take his blood pressure medicine and has become paronoid. Yesterday he has her served with a restraining order, for what reason we do not know.
My question is, what steps does she need to take to protect herself. They basically have a small piece of land with a mobile home on it. They each have a vehicle and she is taking care of HIS elderly father in the home.

HELP

LdiJ

lynchb01 said:
North Carolina

I need some advice please. My father has left my mother about 2 weeks ago and also left his 89 year old sickly father with her. He has been going through some type of depression for the last 6 mos. He has lost 20 lbs. won't shave or bathe, throws up all the time, won't take his blood pressure medicine and has become paronoid. Yesterday he has her served with a restraining order, for what reason we do not know.
My question is, what steps does she need to take to protect herself. They basically have a small piece of land with a mobile home on it. They each have a vehicle and she is taking care of HIS elderly father in the home.

HELP
I think that the first step would be for you to intervene with your father and try to get him to a doctor. Something is definitely not right and it could be quite serious. Your mother also needs to open a separate bank account and keep any money that she has separate from your father's money. She should also cancel any joint credit cards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">