• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cohabitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HunnyBunBun

If I'm very wealthy and choose not to marry my fiance but just live with him, is his ex wife who he owes child support and alimony to able to get more money from him than he's currently giving her just because I'm living there with him and we are together? We will be living in North Carolina.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If living with you and having you support him frees up more of his income, then yep - she might be able to do that.

rmet4nzkx

stealth2 said:
If living with you and having you support him frees up more of his income, then yep - she might be able to do that.
Especially since he owes back child support and alimony. While the court might not directly attach or consider HunnyBunBun's "wealth" he can be sent to jail until he pays, and guess who is going to bail him out? HunnyBunBun, have you considered why he want's to be with you with or without marriage? HunnyBunBun should be able to find a suitable companion or spouse with fewer financial obligations. While you are considering on moving to NC also realize that cohabitation may actually impact domestic issues, neighboring VA for example has such restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">