• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation and Vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atuccillo

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My husband and I are separated and we have a 4 year old son (no papers have been signed ... started the mediation process). He moved out in December 2004. He recently took my son on vacation with him for 9 days to Florida and told me he was staying with his mother. I found out that he didn't stay with his mother but took his girlfriend and stayed at a hotel with my son. He lied to me. Can I hold anything against him for doing that?

On a different subject ... is there a way I can find out if he's hiding any money from me? His grandmother, who passed, was very wealthy and I can't see her not leaving him with anything.

Thank you.
Ana

LdiJ

atuccillo said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My husband and I are separated and we have a 4 year old son (no papers have been signed ... started the mediation process). He moved out in December 2004. He recently took my son on vacation with him for 9 days to Florida and told me he was staying with his mother. I found out that he didn't stay with his mother but took his girlfriend and stayed at a hotel with my son. He lied to me. Can I hold anything against him for doing that?

On a different subject ... is there a way I can find out if he's hiding any money from me? His grandmother, who passed, was very wealthy and I can't see her not leaving him with anything.

Thank you.
Ana
No, there is nothing you can do "against" him for the vacation. You can certainly state that you don't believe it was appropriate....and you can ask the judge to include in the orders that there are to be no overnight guests of the opposite sex when the child is present (which will equally apply to you)...but that is about it.

Inheritances are normally considered to be separate property. Therefore it may be irrelevant if he has recieved an inheritance. However, part of the process of divorce is full financial disclosure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">