• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment, HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hadiyaD00

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I recently got married in the month of May. I only married this woman because she lead me to believe she was pregnant with my child. The child was born 2weeks after our wedding, and is not mine. I signed the Birth certificate, and I am currently awaiting the dna results. If the child is not mine is this grounds for an annulment? If so want should be my next step?

LdiJ

hadiyaD00 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I recently got married in the month of May. I only married this woman because she lead me to believe she was pregnant with my child. The child was born 2weeks after our wedding, and is not mine. I signed the Birth certificate, and I am currently awaiting the dna results. If the child is not mine is this grounds for an annulment? If so want should be my next step?
How do you know that the child is not yours? You obviously thought the child was yours when you signed the birth certificate. What changed since then?

Yes, it may be grounds for an annulment. However don't expect an annulment to be quicker or easier than a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">