• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prayigetit

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

Do the reviewers take into consideration medications? I have been on narcotics and others that I take 24/7. (for almost 2 years) It affects my ability to concentrate and I am sleepy most of the time. I was also told by a pharmicist that it is illegal in my state to drive under the influence of class 3 (I think he said class 3) prescriptions. Do the reviewers take all of that into consideration? I have a chronic bladder disease and all of the treatments have failed so, it will be an ongoing condition for the rest of my life. (unless there is some miracle!) Thanks

Eye_Dunno

Narcotics

For your question of taking narcotics I wondered this myself. I take class 2 narcotics daily. In order to stay on these, the docs require drug testing, which actually helps to support a claim.

In relating to qualifying for "defintion of disability" which is what you need to do in order to be disabled, simply taking any medication does not make you disabled. Even taking the max daily dose of thorazine doesn't do it.

It is how these meds affect you, and more important your ability to work that matter. Also your conveying that over to your DI in the form of writing, not a simple phone call. Your own words of how this med affects you, along with med records/pharmacy/drug testing, to leave no doubt you use it.

Does this med make you sleep all day long, are you having problems walking while you take it, does it impair other abilities? This is what is important.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">