• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting my driving record expunged in Oregon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxxheadroom

I currently live in Oregon, when I was younger I really goofed up. I drove a 67 Mustang which should not have been on the streets, the car was extremely fast, loud, and well known by the local PD. Well I ended up with several tickets due to my lack of will power and young foolishness. After getting a few tickets I ended up loosing my job, and starting a business. I struggled for 2 years with my business barley making ends meet, needless to say I could not afford to pay my tickets. So my license ended up suspended. Now to keep things afloat for my business I had to continue to drive (as little as possible) but it seemed I kept ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway I am now getting married, buying a house, and trying to start a fresh life. But I still have these tickets looming over me. I know I got the tickets, I know I deserved them but the fact is I have to commute 25 miles to work and I have to drive there, the other fact is I cannot afford to pay them off right now. So I am in a real difficult situation. I am wondering if anybody is firmilar with the process I need to go through to try to get these tickets expunged, like I said I just want to start over. Thank you for any help you might be able to offer me.

Curt581

maxxheadroom said:
I currently live in Oregon, when I was younger I really goofed up. I drove a 67 Mustang which should not have been on the streets, the car was extremely fast, loud, and well known by the local PD. Well I ended up with several tickets due to my lack of will power and young foolishness. After getting a few tickets I ended up loosing my job, and starting a business. I struggled for 2 years with my business barley making ends meet, needless to say I could not afford to pay my tickets. So my license ended up suspended. Now to keep things afloat for my business I had to continue to drive (as little as possible) but it seemed I kept ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyway I am now getting married, buying a house, and trying to start a fresh life. But I still have these tickets looming over me. I know I got the tickets, I know I deserved them but the fact is I have to commute 25 miles to work and I have to drive there, the other fact is I cannot afford to pay them off right now. So I am in a real difficult situation. I am wondering if anybody is firmilar with the process I need to go through to try to get these tickets expunged, like I said I just want to start over. Thank you for any help you might be able to offer me.
You can't get them 'expunged' if you never took care of them. The courts don't wipe people's records clean just because they ask. It doesn't work that way.

If all of your outstanding tickets are in the same court jurisdiction, you could try petitioning the court to reopen a few or all of them, and asking to be put on a payment plan.
If you make regular on-time payments, they may allow you to get your license back before it's all paid in full.

Whatever you do... do it now. If you continue as you are, you're sure to rack up more tickets. The snowball will keep getting bigger.

ismellbacon

Curt581 said:
You can't get them 'expunged' if you never took care of them. The courts don't wipe people's records clean just because they ask. It doesn't work that way.

If all of your outstanding tickets are in the same court jurisdiction, you could try petitioning the court to reopen a few or all of them, and asking to be put on a payment plan.
If you make regular on-time payments, they may allow you to get your license back before it's all paid in full.

Whatever you do... do it now. If you continue as you are, you're sure to rack up more tickets. The snowball will keep getting bigger.

I agree with this.
You get pulled over now your troubles get alot worse.

maxxheadroom

I would love to make payments if I could afford to do so, but I just can't are there any other options (other than jail)

Curt581

maxxheadroom said:
I would love to make payments if I could afford to do so, but I just can't are there any other options (other than jail)
What do you have to lose by going in and asking?

I've heard of some courts accepting as little as $25 a month. Surely you can afford that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">