• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sneaky husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freelady1

What is the name of your state? MA. Not sure this is the right forum, but here goes.... this week I moved out from my home which I shared with my husband of 20 years. As I've been unpacking, I notice a few key pieces of jewelry missing. I had placed my wedding band and diamond engagement ring in a small compartment inside my jewelry box. They are gone. He once asked me for them, but I said no. I am also missing a very expensive ring my parents bought me years ago which of course has sentimental value too. It was kept in a drawer of my dresser. He is denying he took them, but everything points to him although I do not have solid proof. What can I do? I'm thinking of going to the police after work today and calling the home insurance comp to file a stolen property report.

VeronicaGia

freelady1 said:
What is the name of your state? MA. Not sure this is the right forum, but here goes.... this week I moved out from my home which I shared with my husband of 20 years. As I've been unpacking, I notice a few key pieces of jewelry missing. I had placed my wedding band and diamond engagement ring in a small compartment inside my jewelry box. They are gone. He once asked me for them, but I said no. I am also missing a very expensive ring my parents bought me years ago which of course has sentimental value too. It was kept in a drawer of my dresser. He is denying he took them, but everything points to him although I do not have solid proof. What can I do? I'm thinking of going to the police after work today and calling the home insurance comp to file a stolen property report.
You're going to have a hard time proving that he took these things. And if you don't have a rider on the homeowners insurance policy for these specific pieces of jewelry, don't expect to get much.

Start by calling the the police and the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">